Saturday, February 24, 2007

 

Bye bye adsense.

Adsense is junk.

Honestly, since getting it back up to $300/month it's dropped consistantly down to only about $75 now. Number of impressions the same, % of clicks the same, getting similar ads as before. Just earning much less per click. Basically, Google is smart pricing me.

Smart pricing means Google decides how much you actually get. If the advertiser payed 50c for that click you can get anywhere from 49c to zero based purely on Google's discretion. So essentially if they felt like it Google could just not pay me for any of the clicks and keep all the revenue for itself.

Let's imagine I was a high end AdSense earner and went on holiday? I could come back and find that Google took the $10,000 for this week and there would be nothing I could do to get it back since it was never 'technically' mine.

I'm sick of this BS, I'm removing AdSense from my site.

Comments:
It doesn't look good. I was never a fan of putting adsense on my sites - the good thing is that your site will look much better without it :)
 
I may be wrong, but I think Smart Pricing is for AdWords, not AdSense.

Meaning, you can bid on a keyword for 50c, but if you have no competition you may only pay 20c. Then, the AdSense publisher would probably get around 15c...

Anyway, that's how I understand it.
 
Uh... thats alarming... I also experienced some unexpected things with google adsense.. But so far is somehow made sense if I am not that picky... adsense is important for my site because I manage to sell very few games. I am at around $150 ... If I ever climb up to $300 and it falls down to $75 I would too loose all my will to use it. Are you sure it wouldn't get back to 300 if you waited a little? I had some dryer months too but now it is growing nicely.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?